Monday, December 17, 2012

CARDINAL ORNIE DONE IN WOOL FABRIC

This time I made the cardinal using wool felt that I felted in the washer/dryer for the body.  So hard to tell in the photo but it turned out beautiful and so soft!
The beak was done in a burnt orange wool scrap piece and the wings in a darker orange wool as I didn't have any more red other than what I used on the body.  I ordered some off eBay though as I plan to make a few more of these.

Jonah ( grade 3) and Ayden Grace (kindergarten) had their school Christmas program this afternoon and weren't aware that Gramma, Poppy and Aunt Nicki were coming.  When they were up on stage and spotted us, those HUGE grins just melted my heart.  Then we get those little waves where they hold their arms next to their body and the hand slightly goes up and down and they can't stop grinning.
Love it!  

I'm making some more Snow Pops ornies for my sister's tree and my youngest daughter also wants a few.  Then I think I might start to work on a rag doll, it's been far too long since I made one.

Have a wonderful week!


★Denise★

3 comments:

  1. Another great looking ornie.
    It's always so much fun to see the little ones when they are on stage. They are just so darn cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, they both look wonderful, but I do think the wool is the winner with me.
    Those wonderful family moments to cherish are so cool.
    Merry Christmas!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice
    Beautiful decorations!

    I wish you a merry christmas and a wonderful holiday season.
    Everything is enchanting and you feerique
    Merry Christmas!
    Happy Holidays!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete