Sunday, April 21, 2013

AMERICANA PENNY HANGING TREE ORNIES / WIP RAGEDDY MAKE-DO

It's been a very quiet and restful weekend.  Yesterday I worked on some Americana penny ornies for my little tree that I keep up all year round.



I still want to make a few more, but for the time being I set those aside and started working on a Raggedy doll head make-do.  
The pattern is from The Olde Country Cupboard.

Having a problem with the spool that her head is to be wrapped on, the head is top heavy and the spool needs a base.  I have Tom working on that for me.  I tried hot gluing the spool to a base but it keeps falling off. 

Cold day out today.  The high was 38 degrees.  My weeping cherry tree has so many flowers on it this year.  It's about 3 years old.  Every time a strong wind comes along it's been taking the blooms so I thought I'd better take a pic of it.

This was 3 years ago


And this is now.





★Denise★

4 comments:

  1. I love your tree, I need to do that. Your make dos face is adorable. Good thing we have hubbys around to fix things for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vraiment très jolie la poupée et le reste aussi comme toujours!
    Bravo Denise.
    J'espère que tes petites vacances se sont bien passées .
    Bisous de Belgique

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Love the penny ornies and the Annie. We also have an "everyday" tree that stays up year 'round. Sometimes we call it the "birthday tree" since most family member's birthdays are in the summer. We keep their birthday gifts under that tree. I also have had trouble with ornies/make-dos being too heavy for their bases. Looking forward to seeing your hubby's solution :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tree!! I love your patriotic penny ornies!!

    ReplyDelete