Tuesday, April 16, 2013

     Have been home from Chicago for a week now.  Had a great time, except for our last night. We had gone out for dinner and within an hour of getting back to our hotel room, I was feeling nauseous.  In the middle of the night I had to run to the bathroom.  Being sick is bad enough on its own, but we were heading for home in the morning and it's a 9 1/2 hour drive.  We planned on leaving at 8 am but we hung around a bit longer.  I was so paranoid about being in the truck while sick 'at both ends'.  Tom stopped at every single rest stop from Chicago to Maumee, Ohio for me.  Sometimes I didn't think I was going to make it in time.  It was horrible.  We still had 3 1/2 hrs. to travel and I told him " I can't do this anymore! Get off the road and get a room for the night".  I didn't unpack anything, I just crawled into bed and slept.  I was thinking food poisoning because I got sick shortly after eating.  Tom didn't eat the same think as I did, and he was fine.  The next morning I was still sick but we had to get home.  I wasn't throwing up any more so that part was good.  I felt a little better so started to unpack and put things away but that didn't last too long.  I was sick for a total of 4 days.  Since returning home I heard that a stomach virus was going around.  My 6 year old grand daughter Ayden Grace was having the same issues I had at the same time, both of us being in different states.  Poor baby was sick for the whole week.
So far, no one else in the family has gotten sick.  Knock on wood.
     I finished up this final runner for Dolores' bedroom chest of drawers over the weekend.  This one measures 12 x 34.

     I'm currently working on an Americana penny rug candlemat which will be finished today and then I want to make a few dolls to add to my selling blog.
     My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the innocent lives lost and injured during the Boston Marathon.
★Denise★

1 comment:

  1. being sick is bad enough but having to travel at the same time oh my.

    ReplyDelete