Monday, May 20, 2013

MEXICAN PIZZA

While my eldest daughter is in Oklahoma for 2 weeks I am cooking everyday for the grand kids.  Jordyn requested Mexican pizza.  I made this for her last week.


You need a really DEEP frying pan.  I used 2 boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix, 1 can of creamed corn.  This makes your bottom 'crust'.  Spray frying pan with PAM or coat lightly with vegetable oil. Bake in oven according to box directions for 15 min.  ( my pan lost it's handle years ago, but if yours still has one, cover with aluminum foil) 
While that is baking, brown ground meat ( about 1 1/2#'s) and chopped green pepper.  Drain off grease and add 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix and 1/4 cup hot sauce.  Simmer about 5 min. and turn off heat.
When muffin mix is done, spread meat mixture on top.  Add 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese and pop back in oven for 5 minutes.
Top with diced fresh tomatoes, diced green onions, diced black olives and diced jalepeno's.  If you like a little extra 'spice' add some fresh chopped cilantro.
Add a dollop of sour cream.

This is a BAILEY family favorite!!

★Denise★

4 comments:

  1. Denise this recipe sounds yummy and different from the "taco" pizza I make. Think I'll try it one night next week. By the way, the sifter arrived yesterday....thanks for getting it out so quickly. It's very different from other's I have.
    Have a great time with the grands ;-)
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good to me so I'm wondering if I could get my fussy husband to eat it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum . . . this looks so good.
    I just found your blog and I love your dolls, you are amazingly talented. I have tried my hand at doll making this year. I made my oldest granddaughter a doll for her birthday
    (7 years old) now in September the youngest (her sister) will be 6, and grandma needs to come up with another doll :) I'm thinking about a topsy durby . . . I think that is what it's called.
    Enough about that . . . I am your newest follower and I would be so honored if you would follow me back. I have met so many lovely and creative new friends through blogging. Have a lovely Sunday,
    Your newest follower, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete