Thursday, July 25, 2013

VISITING FAMILY & BABY SHOWER

 Last Tuesday, my sister Donna from Indiana came to visit for 11 days.  Our sister Diane from Michigan came in on Saturday and they will both be here until Sunday.
  Sunday we had a small surprise baby shower for my middle daughter Carey and her husband.  They are expecting their 2nd child, a son this time around.  They still have all the big baby items but needed boy clothing and we knew she had her eye on a certain stroller so my other 2 daughters and I chipped
in on that for her.








My daughter Nicki made a really cute 'bubble bath' punch with duckies floating on top.
Her boyfriend Bob made an adorable baby carriage out of a watermelon.

We had lots of good food, but I forgot to take a photo.  
Too busy filling my plate, haha

My brother John and my sisters Donna and Diane
We have 3 more siblings( 2 brothers and another sister)  but they live in Nevada and N. Carolina and weren't able to come.

Daughter Nicki

Daughter Deana and her husband Chris.  The shower was at their home and it was also Chris' 47th birthday, so we celebrated that after the shower.
Most everyone left around 7pm but we hung around until 11. Sister Donna kept us in stitches with her antics and stories.  Let's just say she really liked Lime-a-ritas, first time she'd ever tried them.

Monday, our cousin Betty came for the day to visit.  Another day full of laughs, stories and reminiscing.



When our sister from Vegas saw the tablecloth she wanted to know what was 'up with THAT in July'.  I said it was the only clean one I had left and besides, she never heard of CHRISTMAS IN JULY???
★Denise★

2 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like a blast! Baby mama looks tired and ready to bring the little man into this world. You gals look great!

    Blessings,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like ya'll had a great time, but then that's what family get together's are for right.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete