Tuesday, August 27, 2013

PUMPKIN SHELF SITTER GETS A FACE LIFT.


I made this pumpkin shelf sitter last year and have had it listed on my selling blog, Etsy and eBay and it just hasn't sold.   An Etsy customer did request a special order - the pumpkin sans the bats.  What I did for her was add homespun for the eyes/nose, mismatched button eyes, a stick for the mouth and larger wire coils at the stem, shown below.


She contacted me last week and asked for another one, shown below.  Special request for MORE rusty coiled stems.


I posted the photo on Face Book and got two more orders!
So I decided to give the first pumpkin with the bats a face lift and removed his old stitched face.  I think he looks much better.

He's available on my selling blog.

★Denise★

2 comments:

  1. those are really cute. Love the stick mouth

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool to get feedback - turned out great! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete