Wednesday, March 05, 2014

DESTINY'S DOLL, PSP XI & ANIMATION SHOP, BUSINESS FLYER

 My younger sister Deb lives out in Las Vegas and has gotten very attached to her friend's young granddaughter Destiny.  Deb has 3 grandsons but they live across the country and she never gets to see them except for random photos on Face Book.  Little Destiny has become her 'adopted' granddaughter.  Deb asked me to make a Rag dolly for Destiny and this is what I made for her.  I think she turned out cute and Deb loves the doll.  :)
I have to mention that both my daughter and eldest granddaughter Jordyn ( 14 ) asked if I was making curtains when the saw the dress laid out on my table.  I was pinning down the ruffled bottom.  It did look like a curtain valance when laid out straight! haha

 I'm still awaiting a response from the business owner I filed a BBB complaint with. 
 I did receive a letter in the mail today that the text of my complaint and the response from the business owner will be publicly posted on the BBB website.  The owner has until March 12th to respond.  I have a feeling she is just going to ignore it like she has everything else.

On a happier note ~~~~ My 14 year old Compaq computer, Windows ME crashed on me 2 weeks ago.  I was NOT happy about THAT because the only thing I could actually use it for was my Paint Shop Pro (PSP) program and Animation Shop.  I originally started out with the Anniversary edition of PSP7, upgraded to 8, then 9.  I purchased XI a few years ago but when Windows stopped updating ME I couldn't download that program - it wasn't compatible.  Four years ago, my son-in-law gifted me with a HP Windows Vista notebook.  Unfortunately the pc did NOT come with a CD/DVD  drive.  Couldn't install PSP XI on it but wasn't worried about it since I was still able to use the old computer for my graphic projects.  UNTIL IT DIED that is.....  Luckily I had purchased an external hard drive for my notebook a few weeks ago and another of my son-in-laws uploaded PSP XI and Animation Shop on a flash drive and transferred it to my computer.  I transferred those files to my external hard drive and was able to install the programs on that - so NOW I have PSP again!!!  I am so excited! 
This is the first new thing I made on it - a flyer for my craft business.  A local woman from Duquesne University School of Law contacted me through Etsy.  She is collecting items from local Pittsburgh area artists/crafters for a charity event she is hosting in April.  I am going to donate one of my Easter bunny dolls and she said to include business cards or flyers that she can display with my item/s.  Gives me some 'advertising' and possible new customers.  I am out of business cards at the moment but thought I'd make a flyer.  What do you think?
Now to see how much this is going to cost me to have them printed up. :/   If it gets me new customers, will be worth it.


★Denise★

3 comments:

  1. That doll is adorable.
    The flyer looks great too. Glad you were able to use your program again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Destiny's new best friends is so sweet! Love her! Glad your computer situation is figured out Denise - that can be a bummer. Your flier is perfect it really looks great! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your rag doll, Destiny will love her! So sorry about your computer issues, they can be wonderful, but when they have problems what a pain. Sorry what you are going through with the lady and BBB, hope it works out. Have a beautiful Spring. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete