Friday, April 11, 2014

HOME FROM TRIP & SOME GOODIES

 We got home from our trip to St. Charles, IL on Sunday.  Had such a great time.  We antiqued at a few of our favorite places along the way.  We also went to the Kane County Fairgrounds last Saturday for their first flea market of the season.


I have a 'small collection' of jugs




 and picked up this bluish gray stoneware jug with ducks to add to it.  I don't know anything about it and there are no markings on it but I was sure the vendor was going to ask at 'least' $40 for it and when he said "$10" it was MINE, lol

I bought  this candle stick with the idea of adding a real bird's nest on top and filling it with speckled eggs.  Paid $1
 I also bought 10 of these cute little candle holders that clamp to a tree branch, and tea lites fit into them.  I put one in that I have on hand, but need to buy 10.  Hope to find some that flicker and are 'timers'.




★Denise★

2 comments:

  1. Love your jug collection, awsome finds. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise :) Happy you made it back safe and sound. Cool jugs! I love old stoneware. You've found yourself some great deals. Have a splendid week!
    Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete