Tuesday, December 09, 2014

 It's been a very sad and heartbreaking two weeks.  My younger sister Debbie was admitted to the Hospital out in Las Vegas the week of Nov. 26th for severe dehydration.  It was found that her kidneys were only working at 10% capacity.  She had several dialysis treatments, that were bringing her blood pressure down to 80/30.  She was given medication to elevate the bp but each dialysis brought it back down again.  She was at stage 5 of renal failure.  While in the hosp. Xrays were done because she had been complaining of bad back pain.  They saw a mass in her stomach.  A CATScan was performed and the cancer had spread to her lymph nodes and they also saw a spot on her lung.  Debbie was severely depressed anyway and upon hearing that news, she mentally shut down.  She wouldn't talk to anyone.  At one point she stopped breathing, but her heart didn't stop.  She was put on a ventilator.  Several times they tried to take her off but she couldn't breathe on her own.
Her 61st birthday was Nov. 29th.  I called her room to tell her that I loved her and was thinking of her.  She wouldn't answer the phone.  Or maybe she couldn't.  I'll never know, as 3 days later she passed away.  She must have been sick for a very long time and never told any of us siblings, nor her closest friend.  I have two other younger sisters and three younger brothers.  Both sisters and only one brother was able to travel here for our own private 'memorial' to our sister.  Debbie was cremated in Vegas and did not want a funeral/memorial.  Some people just don't understand that, but we went through the same thing with our mother 14 years ago.  She felt if people didn't want to visit or talk to her while she was still alive, don't bother when she's dead.
It's been one week today that Debbie passed.  It's still so hard to believe she is gone, that I will never talk to her on the phone again.   Fortunately, in May of 2012 all 7 of us siblings were able to reunite in Vegas for the first time since 1999.  I am so thankful I was able to go.  R.I.P. Debra.  You will always be in my heart.  I love you.

★Denise★

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your sister, my sympathies to you and your family.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Denise - how heartbreaking - I am so sorry to hear about your sister. I will pray for her, you and your family as you try to cope with your loss. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing with us and God give you peace about this in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise, just seeing your post now and sending you my deepest condolences on the loss of your sister. Keeping you close in my heart, Deb

    ReplyDelete