Wednesday, December 31, 2014

 This has been a very sad month.  I'm still grieving for my sister who passed away on the 2nd and Sunday night our very dear friend John passed away from liver cancer.  John worked with my husband Tom and he and his wife Teddie used to take winter trips with us to Atlantic City.  It became a traditional trip around Valentine's Day every year for 10 years.  The last 5 years they didn't go with us because when John retired, they became snow birds and spent their winters in Florida.  They had planned to leave for Florida after Thanksgiving, but John fell ill and had to be hospitalized.  While in the hosp. he was diagnosed with the liver cancer.  What we didn't know was that he had been on a liver transplant list for the past 4 years.  He was very private that way.  While I respect his desire for privacy, I wish we had known how little time we had left with him.  He called end of October to catch up with Tom, and mentioned that we should all go to this new restaurant he wanted to try, called the Tilted Kilt.  While we were on our trip to Chicago in November I reminded Tom to call John and set up a day/time to go out to dinner.  He said he would, but you know how that goes....you get busy, you have to finish up Christmas shopping.  It was on one of those shopping trips when I saw the Tilted Kilt and once again reminded Tom we needed to set up a date with John and Teddie.  He said he'd call them after the Holiday.  Now it's too late.  We will spend our very last hour with him tomorrow when he is laid out.  R.I.P. John, we love you friend.  Til we meet again. xxxooo

★Denise★

3 comments:

  1. It is so hard when we lose people so close to use, at the same time. Give yourself time to heal from the pain and remember the good times you had with them both.

    I hope the new year brings you peace and happiness.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm as so sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. My deepest sympathies to you and your husband on the loss of your friend Denise. Keeping you both close in my heart.

    ReplyDelete