Sunday, March 22, 2015

DO YOU LIKE SHISH KABOB?

I do, but I hate having to push the meat and all the veggies onto skewers and it seems like it takes FOREVER to cook on the grill.  What I do instead is pound my round steak to tenderize it then cut into bite sized pieces.  I marinate this in Italian Dressing overnight.
In a large bowl I add cut up green pepper, onion, tomatoes ( have also used cherry tomatoes)  and several cans of whole potatoes. This also gets marinated overnight.
When I'm ready to cook it, I dump it all on a foil lined cookie sheet and bake in the oven at 400 degrees until the veggies are cooked and meat is done to our liking.  Every so often I will get a spatula and turn the food so the other side gets nice and browned too.
You can add whatever else your family likes such as cauliflower, mushrooms, etc.
Serve with a side salad and crusty bread.

★Denise★

1 comment: