Tuesday, May 05, 2015

CROSS STITCH COMEBACK

 About 30 years ago my sister Diane showed me how to cross stitch.  It's been a very long time since I've worked on that craft and just recently have gotten back into it.
I fell in love with Marly's ( of Samplers And Santas) cross stitch sampler pears.   I was having a hard time seeing to stitch as the x's are quite small, even with my reading glasses on.  Diane suggested I purchase one of those large magnifying glass on a bendable stand with LED lighting.  I bought one at Walmart for $20.  Well worth it, helped a great deal.

This is the first pear I made and it sold within an hour of listing it.  :)
 I cross stitched this on osnaburg fabric and stuffed it with polyester filling.
I'm currently working on an ABC sampler pear. 
I'd forgotten how tedious cross stitching is, but the end result is worth it.

 ★Denise★

1 comment:

  1. I love your pear, you did an awesome job. Wish I could see to stitch on osnaburg. The 18 ct. aida is as small as i can go. You do amazing work. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete