Monday, June 29, 2015

WHIMSICAL PUMPKIN HEAD DOLLS


 I was goofing off yesterday wondering what I was going to do with some hard cardboard cones I had lying around ( only had 6 ).   In previous years I used them to make rag trees but these ones were too small.   I saw where another blogger had made her own  poster board cones in different sizes and then wrapped them with fabric and made Christmas trees.  She decorated them with tinsel and beads.  Really cute.  But I'm not ready to make Christmas items yet, still working on Fall items.  Then I found some orange fabric pumpkins I made a couple years ago to hang on a Halloween tree.  They were the perfect size for heads for my cardboard cones.  I wrapped the cones with Fall colored fabric, but they didn't look like 'dresses'.  So I made some 'ruffles' and attached to the bottom of the cones.  Looked more like a 'dress' but still needed something more.  COLLARS!!  One just didn't seem like enough, unless it was long enough, because I wrapped twisted wire around the top for arms, and the collar hides where they've been wrapped/glued.  I added some eyes, nose and mouth to the pumpkins and some preserved moss around the stems and I had my pumpkin heads.  Still needed something else.  They needed to hold something.  PUMPKINS!  
The pumpkin doll on the right was my first one.  I like it, but I like the one on the left much better.  Her dress ruffles are fuller and I added some moss to the black pumpkin - and I'm going to do the same to the white pumpkin.
What do you think?
★Denise★

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! They look great! Perfect in their Halloween outfits! Very cute!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete