Monday, December 28, 2015

CLEANING & REORGANIZING CRAFT ROOM

 I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

I decided to buy myself a couple 'after Christmas' presents. My intention was/is to clean and reorganize my sewing/craft room.  On one wall I had a faux fireplace which I purchased on Craigslist 6 years ago.  As much as I liked it, it had to go because it was becoming a clutter collector.   I purchased a 4 cube modular bookcase organizer from Walmart/Wayfair.  Let me tell you.....it is NOT worth the $54 I paid for it.  I see the price is now $55.99.  It isn't worth $19.99 let alone what they are selling it for.  Cheap plastic, the door won't stay closed and Tom and I had a heck of a time putting it together.  There were 'pictures' but no written directions and the pieces weren't marked A, B, C.  Something that should have taken a half hour to put together took 2 hours.  VERY disappointed.    Photo looks much better than the real deal. Definitely going to give that a bad review.
Harbor Freight had some plastic tool box organizers on sale for $14 so Tom picked those up for me today.    Those are the black organizers in the photo below.  I'm thinking I might want to buy one more to keep my DMC floss in.  I do have the regular floss boxes ( on top of the middle white bin). My table is still a mess as I'm still working in there.   I have so much JUNK - well, not really 'junk' but items I purchased with every intention of incorporating them into things I planned to
 make.  If I've had it for 2 years and not done anything with it, it's GONE.  I hate to purge, but it's gotta go.  I have a box full of items I'm going to list on one of the Face Book groups I belong to in the hopes I can recoup some of the money I spent on all my unused junk.
I'm anxious to finish cleaning and moving things around so I can get back to crafting.  Hope to have things put away and orderly in the next 2 days.  Will share photos then.
If you have any photos of your own sewing/craft room, please share your blog link, would love to see them!

UPDATE:  As soon as I posted this, I went and left my review.   It has to be 'approved' by the Wayfair 'team'.  I doubt it will be published, lol.  
★Denise★

1 comment:

  1. I need to do the same thing with my craft room. I'm very guilty of buying things with intentions of using them for a certain project and then they don't get used. Or I buy because it's a great deal. I have such a hard time getting rid of anything that is still good though. I'm hopeless...lol
    Too bad about the shelves. The quality is just not there on so many things these days but the price is crazy high. Figures that the reviews have to be approved first.

    ReplyDelete