Tuesday, January 19, 2016

PRIMITIVE BEE DOOR GREETER/WALL HANGER

Still didn't feel like making another bunny yesterday so I dug out my Spring patterns to make something I've not made before and found this Bee design by Vivian Fuller of 
Blue MooN BegiNNiNgs.
It was fun to make.  Vivian's wings were made of grapevine twigs and sewn on in the back.  While I had some grapevine rolled up and sitting in water to soften it and make it pliable, I just wasn't sure if I'd be able to get it to lay 'straight'.  I looked around my craft supplies to see what I could substitute and while I could have made wings out of muslin I spotted a burlap garland I bought a while back to make my daughter a burlap wreath.  I ran zig zag stitches down both ends so it wouldn't unravel and gathered it in the center and viola' I had my wings!
What do you think?

★Denise★

No comments:

Post a Comment