Wednesday, February 03, 2016

SPRING ROBIN MAKE-DO, RABBIT & ROOSTER

 Finished this Robin up today.  The bird is a design by Sassafras Hill Primitives.
The original pattern calls for attaching the robin to a branch/twig and hanging it with wire.  Since I didn't have heavy enough wire on hand I decided to attach my robin to a candle holder.    It is available for purchase HERE

I decided to make another rabbit with the stick arms & legs.  Such a fun bunny to make! Design by Kentucky Primitives
 Can be purchased HERE

I made the cutest rooster a few days ago, a design by Palette Primitives.
 I listed it the same day I finished it and within a couple hours it sold.  Love it when that happens!

My 9 year old grand daughter Ayden came over after school today for a few hours.  We were playing 'school' and she was the 'teacher'.  She asked 'the class' of one if anyone knew what primitive meant.  I raised my hand and she picked me!!  She wanted me to explain to the rest of the class what primitive crafts were.  I told 'them' it was handmade items, such as dolls and animals that were new, but MADE to look very old and worn.  She said CORRECT!! You get an A+!
She just melts my heart.
★Denise★

2 comments:

  1. Love all your creations! Thrilled to read that you got an A+ in PRIMITIVES! :) Have a great Thursday ~hugs Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love their imagination. It would have been very embarrassing if you'd got the answer wrong lyn.robyn.smith@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete