Wednesday, March 23, 2016

ANOTHER BEDROOM PIECE FINISHED - SHABBY CHIC STYLE

 I'm feeling like I'm finally accomplishing what I set out to do, and that was/is : If I can't BUY new furniture, my own old furniture is going to LOOK new.
 AFTER
The very bottom and back sides of this piece were in really bad shape.  The pressed board was beginning to crumble.  I sanded as much as I could without doing more damage and just painted over it all and hoping that the 3 coats of polycrylic that I applied will prevent further crumbling.  In my AFTER photo you can barely tell.
 BEFORE
I had 'hoped' that the monster TV's would be out of here by this past weekend, but now I'm going to have to wait until after our Chicago trip.  We will be doing a lot of antiquing along the way so I hope to find a cute shabby chic lamp for this dresser.  I have a BIG list of items I'll be looking for.

I went to the zoo today with 2 of my daughters and 4 of the grand kids.  It was 70 degrees with a light wind. My girls usually ask me along during the summer months and I always decline because I just can't handle the heat and humidity so this day was just perfect.  I really enjoyed watching the faces of the kids, especially 2 year old Rami.  We brought along the stroller in case he got tired, but he wanted to walk like the 'big kids'.

Miss Bella was a tad upset that Gramma didn't have another arm to hug her too.  I put Rami down and hugged her to me and it all worked out.

★Denise★

1 comment:

  1. the dresser looks great. I really like the color.
    A day at the zoo sounds like fun

    ReplyDelete