Sunday, March 06, 2016

SNEAK PEEK - DRESSER DRAWER

 While I was waiting for my 2nd shelf to dry, I decided to pull out one of my dresser drawers and paint it with the chalky paint I had purchased specifically for the furniture.  As I said in my previous post, I really wasn't sure I wanted to go ahead with this paint, but figured I should at least try it and see how it looked.  I LOVE IT!!  I watered down the Chalky paint a little bit more than I did the the one for the shelves and it went on smoother.  I also made doubly sure that I didn't overload my paint brush and waited until it was completely dry before adding a second coat.
I used ArtDeco Americana Paint in REFRESHING which is a very light mint green color.  I just set the cleaned brass hardware on top to see how I liked it and I've decided I'm going to go with this as long as all the other hardware cleans up just as nicely.
Since I only painted one drawer so far, I set the glass knob on to see how it looks and I'm very happy with the look.
I cannot wait to get one whole dresser done!!  I think even Tom was surprised how nice this turned out.  When I told him I was painting the furniture light green, he made a face.  lol 

BEFORE



★Denise★

2 comments:

  1. I like the look of that color. You're brave. I would be afraid to do a project like that.
    I like all the changes you've made so far. Looking good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this green color! It looks so fresh & happy!

    ReplyDelete