Friday, May 20, 2016

RAG GARLANDS / SWAGS / VALANCES

 I've been busy all week making rag garlands both in primitive homespun fabrics and shabby chic fabrics.  I love the way they look, and plan to make matching valances for my bedroom windows eventually.

 
What I love about these is that you can use them for dressing up plain windows, with or without curtains ( I plan to hang mine over my white voile sheer curtains), hanging on fireplace mantles, over large mirrors, hanging over or on a cake table for decoration ( weddings, birthdays, baby showers, etc).   On my prim garlands I added matching yoyo flowers and on the shabby chic garlands I added lace flowers.  All four of these are listed in my Etsy shop.  The top 3 are 36" wide and the bottom blue is 48" wide.  Free shipping.

This has been an unusual May for us, has been colder than usual with lots of rain.  We had 2 sunny days out of 19.  Today is a really nice day and I feel crappy.  Have been sick with a head cold for 4 weeks now and worried it's going to go into my chest.  Tom has it too and we must be passing it back and forth to last this long.  I don't know about him, but I've been washing my hands more frequently and keep wiping down the computer keyboard.....just sayin'.  Better wipe down the phone too. . . .
Anyhoo, want to wish you a lovely weekend!


 ★Denise★

1 comment: