Saturday, January 14, 2017

HAPPY SATURDAY

 What is on your work table today?  I am working on the CUTEST grinning flowers from a design by Kim's Whims.  I have two finished and am very pleased with how they turned out.  Kim's Whims used long cinnamon sticks for the stems, which I really like, but I don't have any and am using real tree branch sticks instead.  I have thin rods I could use and paint, but I prefer the tree sticks because they aren't perfectly straight.
Green homespun strips tied to stems for the 'leaves'.


Last week I made these two Valentine Hearts/Envelopes and am happy with how they turned out.  They are available in my Etsy shop for anyone who is interested.
I had an old shower curtain made of homespun called Saffron by PARK.    I had cut some of it up a while back ( longer than a year ) to make some fabric flowers (below) which never sold but they are still listed.  A few months ago while decluttering a closet I came across the fabric and I remember thinking that it was pretty heavy and I probably wouldn't use it for anything else.  It was too heavy to make a doll dress.  I THINK I may have put it somewhere else OR I tossed it out.  I don't remember.
So of course, TODAY I get a message on Etsy that a potential customer really likes these but needs 10 of them.  There are only 6 made.  So as soon as I sign off Blogger, I need to turn everything upside down in the hopes of finding some of the fabric.  I hate to lose a sale.  :(

Have a great weekend!
★Denise★

1 comment:

  1. Those grinning flowers are adorable and i like the envelopes too. Hope you locate that fabric

    ReplyDelete